Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Message to Mum...

Dear Mum,

How is your current holiday in Eastern Europe? I heard you are having a good time.  Someone even sent me these photos of you, apparently having a good time.


I am glad I was not there to witness this as I would have certainly freaked out.  After that episode at Angkor Wat where I had to watch you with my mouth open as you slithered down those excruciatingly steep steps on your butt, I have sworn never to take you anywhere adventurous.  Guess you showed me that you can run off and do that on your own huh?

Mum, I know you are trying to get all of life's experiences which you had to forego while you were working for over 30 years to bring up the family. I am very glad to see that you have the time (and some money!) now to enjoy your travels and your hobbies. Your kids have all grown up, big, strapping and earning their own living - so, no more worries there.  But please just do me a favour ok?  Be healthy, and be happy, but don't take unnecessary risks!  Remember lil' old me here is still waiting for you to come back so that I can get home cooked meals instead of becoming a Maggi "ching"....

Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
Your daugther.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Your mum rocks! Especially when she danced at the desert campfire and broke into a Tamil song.

lsquarey said...

My first thought COOL!

LP Lim said...

aiyoyo...i suppose these were sent by the tour guide? your 'marci' really ah...