Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Keeping the Flame Alive.....Happy 2011

I've been neglecting this blog.  Shame on me.  When I started this way back in January of 2010, I told myself however busy I got, I would still find time to write and not let it fizzle out by year end.  Fizzling out is something I am frequently guilty of....

When I was much much younger, I had a foray into ballet - before you can say "Tu Tu", my swan lake ended before it even began.  It signalled the beginning of many unfinished ventures.  Piano died at Grade 6.  In my own defense, I did sort of get tricked into it.  My sister and brother started taking lessons and silly old me got lured by the tinkling of the ivory keys...No one said anything about the torturous exams I had to take!  Theory exams came with migraines and oral exams nearly induced heart-attacks.  Practicing scales was excruciating and my confused mind could only remember "Andante" and "Allegro" - don't ask me anything else....please.

Life after secondary school was filled with fleeting "romances" of the same kind.....Tai Chi?  Yup - swooping crane and all... Yoga?  Check! No one could surpass the perfection of my Corpse pose.... Latin dancing?  Even managed to complete 3 exams, but there just weren't enough tall, dark handsome Latino partners to keep the enthusiasm up.  My paper crafting hobby burned brightly for a while, and then died a natural death.  Determined to learn Mandarin, I invested in a huge dictionary and several children's workbooks, only to have them sit in my bookshelf gathering dust....the list goes on but I guess you get the picture by now.

This analysis of my pitiful history has made me renew my determination - especially to work at the original goals of my quest to find purpose, passion and pleasure.  So I'm going keep at it - this blog, my baking and cooking, my erhu, my fitness, my reading, my time with family and friends... anything and everything that will keep me optimistic and happy for my future.  And here's wishing you would be able to keep your flame alive too - it's a little late into the year, but have a amazing 2011 everyone!

No comments: