Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Hate Housework...

I hate sweeping outside coz the bloody dried leaves
keep falling and fallng, offering me no reprieves

I hate mopping coz the smooth clean floor
never stays that way for long no matter what cleaner I pour

I hate dusting the house coz the dirt and the grime
seem to take great pleasure in re-appearing time after time

I hate washing dishes coz after getting them clean and squeaky
my poor hands bear the brunt of it, turning dry, pruney and wrinkly

I hate doing laundry coz despite having a washing machine
I still need to iron and press, to keep the clothes looking pristine

I hate housework coz however frequent I wash, clean and dry
the house gets so dirty so fast, in less than a blink of an eye 

It is such a vicious cycle, a perpetual spinning wheel without an end,
Will I be doomed forever? Or will Nirvana be just round the bend?!!

Footnote : 
While I admit, my participation in housework could be considered minimal, it doesn't mean I like it!  With my Mum (and the part time maid along with her) taking a long leave of absence starting Thursday, it sure is going to be hell the next couple of weeks!

6 comments:

lsquarey said...

Come on lah...you doing housework is less than minimal.. :P

LP Lim said...

just resort to ur old trick la... cuci one time only the day before mum is due back!

Unknown said...

Here is sumthing 2 inspire & motivate u.

Think of yr mom's fave cantonese chiew pai choy....

1) Lau chu yee
2) Tang tiu poh chu yok
3) Hung siew chu sow
4) Tao fu hoi fah

Questing Knight said...

Peng, the old trick can also kill me one day before...

Ha ha looi, those are definitely the type of dishes I will get if I don't clean the house!

LP Lim said...

Then just ask the part time maid to come in one or two days before mum is due back so that she can cuci whilst you just laze around pretending to supervise...

Anonymous said...

Housework is my exercise. No need for the gym. Wipe the floors, scrub the bathroom and do the laundry once a week. Other than that, just pick up after yourself lah.